Follow us on Facebook  
Creekside Farmhouse Home Page About Us Things To Do Rates Contact Us
         

When Laurence Kirby arrived in the colony from Ireland at the tender age of 18, he made his way to Bathurst where he gained employment in a retail store. In 1873 he moved to Eugowra and in 1882 he married Harriette O’Sullivan, a teacher at the tiny Galwary School. The school educated the children of approximately 40 Irish settlers based on small farms on and around Waterhole and Galwary Creeks. By this time Laurence owned and operated the main general store in Eugowra and over the years continued to acquire property based around the small holding north of Eugowra township he had named Galwary.

The Galwary property was to grow and prosper with the Kirby family for three generations. From that early small block to over 1300 ha and now specialises in the production of high quality fat lambs.

Anne and Ian Burns, acquired Galwary in 2002 from Jack Kirby on his retirement. They implemented an extensive property improvement program including tree planting, a main watering system and new grazing systems.

The current owners, Michael and Lucy Rosser, acquired Galwary in 2016 and an additional holding to their Station 175 km West of Bourke. They run a Dorper sheep operation with their three young children.

         
   
         
About the Creekside Farmhouse About the Stables Farmhouse Rates , terms & conditions and bookings
 
 
 
         
 
Creekside Farmhouse and The Stables Farmhouse “Galwary” 1004 Amaroo Way Eugowra NSW Telephone: 0438 159 200